
Normally I wouldn't want the dog to wake me up just so she can get into the bed, but last night was definitely different.
Ruby is a little spoiled and she gets to sleep in the bed with us, if she is able to wake us up to put her on the bed. She isn't tall enough to jump up herself, plus she has a little junk in her trunk and would never be able to hoist herself up if she were tall enough. She can barely make it on the couch without a running start. She is a sweet girl and so cuddly that I don't usually notice I have put her in the bed. She comes to the side of the bed, puts her paws next to me face and acts like she is jumping up by herself. She is close to 20 pounds so I just drag her body up over the side of the bed and lift the blanket up so she can get comfortable.
Last night she woke me like she has been since it has been cooler outside. I drug her up over the side of the bed and she got nice and comfortable in between my arm and side with her head resting nicely on my shoulder (sounds cozy doesn't it?).
All of a sudden I heard a noise, like that stinking mouse was back in my room. I was very still to make sure I wasn't imagining it. I heard it again, the mouse was back in that box that it got out of earlier. I nudged Tony to wake him up.
"Honey..." I whispered.
"Hmm?"
"Honey, the mouse is back in the box."
"What I am supposed to do with it?" he mumbled.
"Go get it and put it out in the big trash can. It can't get out of that."
"Only if I can sleep 30 minutes extra in the morning."
"What? Are you kidding me? Go get the mouse. I don't care when you wake up in the morning."
He got up, crawled under the desk, took out the box, ran out the garage door and put it in the big trashcan outside. He comes back to bed and says, "I get to sleep until 7:00."
I was so freaking happy that mouse was gone I had trouble going back to sleep. I did get back to sleep and woke up on time, not worried about stepping on the little rodent. I began working and I usually get about an hour and a half of work in before the kids are up for school, but Wesley had other plans. He woke up very early at 6:30, which is normally when I tell Tony he needs to get up and get a shower. So much for sleeping a half hour later then he wanted.

5 comments:
Ding dong the mouse is caught...the teensy mouse, the squeaking mouse...Ding dong the futting mouse is GONE!! HOORAY!
I want a Ruby to sleep all cuddly on my arm.
Sorry Keeks, but Miss Ru is all mine. :)
I love your dog. My mom used to have a standard long-haired that she showed. He won a few. But, alas, he was retired.
I'm glad you caught the mouse! I hate that horrible scrabbling noise.
Hey, Doxey--I don't mean to nag, but you're about due for an update!
Post a Comment