Friday, August 12, 2005

You Had Me From Hello


Last night we had a date, my hubby and me. We went to see the creator of our song, "You Had Me From Hello." That is the song we danced to at our wedding.

Considering that we met on a country music radio station dateline the title of the song is perfect. I think that even though we have seen Kenny Chesney 3 times in concert together we wouldn't be able to skip any shows he brings to our area, just to maybe get the chance to hear him sing it live. He never has, not for us at least. Maybe I should write him a letter and see if he would mind, maybe, singing just a tidbit of that song the next time he comes to Virginia Beach. It really is the least he could do the dang theater sells out every time he comes, even when we have a hurricane every one comes to see him. It is amazing.

The evening had a rocky start and I was beginning to dread the entire idea of even going to the show. Wesley was having a fit because he has figured out that I will actually leave him for longer than 3 minutes. He loves my mom to death, but apparently I am better. (This is new for me since Amber would choose her any day over me.) My sister-in-law was stuck in some serious traffic and I really don't like being late. I wanted to see the whole show, all of the acts.

Well, we leave our screaming son behind, and things started to get better as we got cash from the machine across the street his sister called and she was only about a block away. She actually passed us on the road and we were able to park right next to each other. Well, stupid me jumped out of the car to fix my shorts and get my shoes on (I don't drive wearing them) and Dayna closed the door and Tony locked it on the other side. Guess where the keys were, in the ignition. Guess what the car was doing...RUNNING!!!

UGH! I was so ticked off. I, of course, blame Tony. He is always the easiest target and takes it pretty well. I explained to him that we use the key bleeper thing to lock the doors and I don't understand why he used the other thing. It was all his fault!!!! Next, I embarrassingly call my dad and tell him that I locked the keys in HIS van with it running. Thank Heaven he lives 1 mile away and comes to bring the key. Well, the traffic is stopped because our lot is full. Now how is he going to get to us? I decide that since I am such a pretty fast walker I will meet him. I walked at least 1/2 mile one way to his car, get the key, walk back to the van, unlock it, turn it off, I take one set of keys in my pocket and Tony gets the other set. Now we should be covered if we lose set. By this time I am sweating buckets and probably stink because it is 90+ degrees outside still and it is 7:30 p.m. Dang summertime weather.

We get to our seats a few minutes before the second act begins, but we realized that was alright since we could hear the first act and after 30 minutes he was doing covers. No thanks, I like to hear original music if I may $75 a ticket. Gretchen Wilson put on a pretty good show. My only complaint is that the stage presentation was sort of boring. She showed a sweet video of her daughter growing up, I began to cry, I missed my screaming little boy so much and it was almost time for him to be going to bed. Gretchen finished up, I was starving and realized I had forgotten to eat dinner. Is that even possible? I haven't forgotten to eat in at least 10 years.

Kenny started with a bang. This particular concert was his best in my opinion. He just seemed different, almost electric. The stage was well lit and bright with silver and lights. He brought out his old blue chair and somehow managed to sit down in those tight jeans. I seem to be different from most of the girls at the concert though because I personally don't care for the tight jeans. I really just like his music. Well, the hat is kind of hot, but not the jeans. I think I have seen a picture of him in some loose fitting linen pants. I like that much better.

Tony and I didn't get to hear our song though. I was pretty bummed by that, but the night ended up being very enjoyable. I just wonder how much we will have to pay next year. We had pretty good seats this year, hopefully next year we can get closer. Hopefully next year he will play our song.

No comments: